PR & Marketing Intern
The Irish Fair of Minnesota Internship Program provides an excellent opportunity for hands-on experience planning one of the most family friendly events in the Twin Cities and one of the most authentic Irish festivals nationwide. The Irish Fair is attended annually by 80,000 to 100,000 people.
We are looking for 1 intern with experience with or strong interest in:
- Marketing and Communications
- Public Relations
- Social Media Management
Approximately 10 hours per week, starting April 2019. Dates are flexible. Optional to extend to Spring/Summer Internship position if candidate desires.
Intern positions are unpaid, however, the experiences with Irish Fair of Minnesota will provide opportunities to network, build a portfolio and gain valuable professional skills. Interns will be trusted with leading projects that will give them real experience in their chosen profession.
Preference will be given to those possessing strong communication, marketing and organizational skills. The candidate need not be from a non-profit background and need not be a student. To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com, subject line: SPRING INTERNSHIP 2019
- Supports the Director, Event Manager, Marketing team and PR firm in implementing the media plan for the 2019 Irish Fair of Minnesota
- Demonstrates competency in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
- Writes and creates marketing content which promotes Irish Fair and Irish Fair’s sponsors and community partners. Ability to research and understand the values and goals of Irish Fair and Irish Fair’s sponsors and community partners.
- Possible other responsibilities include working with local businesses, developing marketing pieces, information management. Interns will not only experience the marketing for a large event from the planning stages to completion, but also develop professionalism, management, communication skills, and build their resume.
- Project management skills, effective organization, communication, and time management skills
- Flexibility and the willingness to work hours necessary to get the job done
- Personable, detail oriented, able to adapt to a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment
- Needs to be a team player, independent problem solver, and possess a positive attitude
- Able to work under general supervision and to exercise independent judgment
- Knowledge of Mac and Windows OS and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Excel proficiency is a must
- Possesses skill in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer service
- knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and video creation a plus