Irish Photo Contest Winners:
1) Paul D,, Minnetonka, MN
2) Hope L., Farmington, MN
3) Carol B., Burnsville, MN
1) Maria M., Eden Prarie, MN
2) Paul D., Minnetonka, MN
3) Jon D., Falcon Heights, MN
Jon D., Falcon Heights, MN
Carol B., Burnsville, MN
STUDIES IN BLACK AND WHITE:
1) Paul D., Minnetonka, MN
2) Andrew S., Brooklyn Park, MN
3) Carol B., Burnsville, MN
Chris B., Falcon Heights, MN
About the Photo Contest
Shoot and Score in the Irish Fair of Minnesota Photo Contest
Now is the time to consider an adventure. Wouldn't it be fun to have a crowd admire your photograph? Think about the engaging conversations that will occur as you describe how you captured that special moment.
The Irish Fair of Minnesota conducts a photo contest every year. The photos are displayed every day during the fair in The Cultural Area which is the Pavilion. Judges are professional photographers. There are prizes to be won!
Category choices are People, Scenery, and Studies in Black & White.
Dig through your old photos, think about a great photo at a Minnesota Irish event, or dream about all the camera shots you can take during your trip to Ireland.
The Photo Contest is a great way to be interactive with the fair.
Irish Photo Competition Entry Guidelines
- People – One or more persons are dominant subjects in which the photographer portrays an aspect of Irish culture. Winning entries best evoke their subjects’ feelings or spirits.
- Scenery – The mood of a place, or a setting in which mood is conveyed. There may be people in the photo, but they must be incidental to the picture.
- Studies in Black and White – Photos of people and/or scenery. Winning entries best use black and white imagery to prompt a feeling or response in the viewer.
First place winners in each category receive the special McConnon Award Ribbon, named after the contest founder, and a prize (TBD). Second & third place winners receive ribbons and prizes as well.
All contest entries are displayed in the Irish Fair Cultural Tent for the duration of the Fair.
Photo Contest Rules
- Open to amateur photographers
- Maximum two entries per category
- Size: at least 4x6 inches, but no more than 11x14 inches
- Entries must be MATTED; no frames permitted
- Entries must be labeled on front side of photo as to place picture taken
- Download contest entry form & submit a separate, completed form with each photo
- Drop off sites: - Irish on Grand 1124 Grand Avenue, St. Paul, 651-222-5151
- Entries can also be mailed to Irish on Grand
- DROP OFF SITES ASSUME NO LIABILITY
- Judging is prior to Irish Fair opening. Winning entries receive ribbons and prizes. All photos are displayed in the pavilion for the duration of the fair
- Photos should be reclaimed Sunday, August 9 from 5:00-6:00pm. IRISH FAIR ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR PHOTOS NOT CLAIMED WITH THE SPECIFIED TIME.
- If you wish your photo returned by mail, you must enclose a stamped, self addressed mailing envelope.