Graphic Design Intern
The Irish Fair of Minnesota Internship Program provides an excellent opportunity for hands-on experience planning and implementing one of the most family friendly events in the Twin Cities and one of the most authentic Irish festivals nationwide. The Irish Fair of Minnesota is attended annually by 80-100,000 visitors.
We are looking for 1 intern with experience with or strong interest in:
- Graphic Design
Day and evening times are available, approximately 10-15 hours per week. May 11-August 15, 2018. Dates and hours are flexible.
Intern positions are unpaid. However, the internship with Irish Fair of Minnesota will provide opportunities to network, build a portfolio and gain valuable professional skills. Interns will be trusted with projects that will give them real experience in their chosen profession.
Preference will be given to those possessing strong communication, marketing and organizational skills. The candidate need not be from a non-profit background and need not be a student. To apply, send resume, cover letter (cover letter should include work and education experience, availability and desired outcomes) to email@example.com, subject line: SUMMER INTERNSHIP 2018.
- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized and follow the style guide of Irish Fair of Minnesota
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions
- Possible responsibilities include working with local businesses, developing marketing pieces, and sponsor relationships. Interns will develop professionalism, management, and communication skills and will see their work produced and used by the Irish Fair for marketing and advertising.
- Effective organizational, communication and time management skills
- Flexibility and the willingness to work hours necessary to get the job done
- Personable, detail oriented, able to adapt to a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment
- Needs to be a team player and independent problem solver
- Able to work under general supervision and to exercise independent judgment
- Experience with Adobe InDesign or Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs