Event Planning Intern
The Irish Fair of Minnesota Internship Program provides an excellent opportunity for hands-on experience planning one of the most family friendly events in the Twin Cities and one of the most authentic Irish festivals nationwide. The festival annual attendance is 80,000 - 100,000 people, there are 12-14 programmed stages/tents over 3 days, with 150+ musicians, 650+ dancers, and 600 wonderful volunteers.
We are looking for 3 interns with experience with or strong interest in:
- Event planning
- Event Management
- Festivals/Large events
- Project Management
Day and evening times are available, approximately 15 hours per week May-August. Dates and hours are flexible.
Intern positions are unpaid. However, the experiences with Irish Fair of Minnesota will provide opportunities to network, build a portfolio and gain valuable professional skills.
Preference will be given to those possessing strong communication, and organizational skills. The candidate need not be from a non-profit background. The candidate need not be a student. To apply, send resume, cover letter via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: SPRING / SUMMER INTERNSHIP 2019
- Project management skills
- Effective organization, communication and time management skills
- Flexibility and the willingness to work hours necessary to get the job done
- Personable, detail oriented, able to adapt to a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment
- Needs to be a team player and independent problem solver
- Able to work under general supervision and to exercise independent judgment
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, use of Excel is a must
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
Possible responsibilities include helping to plan events, stages, or fundraisers in addition to the planning and information management for the August Irish Fair of Minnesota, working with local businesses, developing marketing pieces, staff support, and sponsor relationships. Interns will not only see a large event from the planning stages to completion, but also develop professionalism, management, and communication skills. Interns will be given responsibility for project management that will build their marketable job skills and resumes.